M U F F I N S

Saturday 27 September 2014

_________________________________________________________________________________

I have been craving for chocolate for the past week, so since it was Saturday I decided to try these gluten free banana chocolate muffins. They turned out awesome so moist and brownie like! Without the chocolate chips there's about 85 calories in one so not bad at all.... I went a little crazy with the chocolate chips though but hey it's Saturday. (Recipe is down below)

ALSO... I am so excited because today was the last day of my antibiotics, so that means I'm hitting the gym again tomorrow! Cannot describe how good I feel now that I am well again, it's been awful past month but oh well, the only way is up! I've lost weight and it's time to get my muscles growing again!




RECIPE

1 egg 
1/4 brown sugar
1/3 cup applesauce (I used no sugar apricot jam)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup mashed bananas (about 3 bananas)
1 cup oat flour 
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup cocoa powder 
Chocolate chips (I used Hershey's semi-sweet ones)

Preheat oven to 165 celsius. (The recipe makes 10 regular or 5 big muffins). Whisk together the egg, sugar, applesauce, vanilla and mashed bananas. Mix the dry ingredients and add to the wet. Mix until just combined. Add some chocolate chips if you want. Bake for about 20-25 mins for regular and 25-30 for big (I used a toothpick to see when it came out a little sticky). I used apricot jam and some icing sugar for decoration, but you can also drizzle them with chocolate or whatever you want really.
_________________________________________________________________________________