S N A C K B A R S

Saturday 6 September 2014

_________________________________________________________________________________



My flu or whatever is not giving up, so seems that gym won't be an option anytime soon. So instead of laying in bed all day (and doing what I should have done; school work...) I decided to bake and as I told yesterday, I've been craving something with oatmeal so badly the whole week. Basically ended up just going through our kitchen cabinets and fridge and used whatever I could find; peanut butter, bananas, eggs, rye porridge flakes, regular oatmeal, few nuts and some buckthorn powder. The mixture could have been a little stickier/ moister so I advice you guys to put maybe some more banana or even add honey, but since I didn't have any had to settle with only banana and pb. I really liked the taste of them though because well, banana and pb = a match made in heaven. 

RECIPE
2 egg whites
2 mashed bananas - ripened or not, doesn't matter
2 dl of rye porridge flakes
2 dl of regular oatmeal flakes
1 1/2 tbsp of peanut butter - I used creamy
2 tsp of buckthorn powder
nuts 







Mix everything together in a bowl and if you feel like the batter is too dry for your liking add banana/pb/honey. Spread the mixture onto a baking tray/dish so that it is about 3-4 cm high. Bake in 175 degrees for 15-20 mins. Leave to cool down before cutting. 




Simple? Yes. Delicious? Yes, but still can improve on the recipe a little. These are perfect for a snack, so filling and full of energy that is good for you and only takes what? 30 mins to make? Certainly helped my craving but now I have to stop procrastinating and get my work done!

_________________________________________________________________________________