P U M P K I N S A L A D

Saturday 15 November 2014

_________________________________________________________________________________

After so long of wanting to try pumpkin believe it or not hadn't ever tasted it , this salad was just what I needed after todays exhausting tanning session ;) Pumpkins have many anti-oxidant vitamins such as vitamin-A, vitamin-C and vitamin-E, and they are low in calories (100g has about 26 calories) without any saturated fats or cholesterol. Also, they are an excellent source of dietary fibre, which helps with digestion. I paired it with some rucola, cucumber slices, sun-dried tomatoes (without oil) and for some extra fibre, a spoonful of pumpkin seeds. Will no doubt add this to my list of favourites, but now I'm off for a Sunday cardio!

_________________________________________________________________________________